Sunday, May 10, 2009

On Mother's Day

Mother's Day is such a special day for all of those that call themselves moms or grandmoms..or even Hiny. I am not sure that there is anyone more special in my life than the women that have influenced who I am. This morning in church I told everyone what my mother-in-law meant to me; so today, I thought I would share what my mom and my Hiny mean to me.

Mama..you have taught me so many things..strength, wisdom, endurance, and stubborness. I remember wondering when I was a kid how you did it all...you were a mom and a dad..and we never longed for anything (although we should have..you always made everything possible). You were there at all the softball games, the school functions, the birthdays, and the heartaches. You have made it through so much..I cannot imagine the person I would be without you. And now, my kids call you Nana..and you coach softball, are at the school functions, birthdays, and go through the heartaches. One thing I have definitely learned..a mother's job is never done. Thank you for all you do..I love you. And on a funny note..if you ever once doubted if I wanted to be like you..just remember this Mother's Day.

Hiny...no one else has a Hiny. I know I would not be where I am if it were not for the help of you and Papa. I can't begin to tell you how precious your love is to me. Although I grew up without a father..I had a Hiny..and that was alot better. Thank you for all that you have ever done for me and continue to do for me. My children love and adore you just as I did and do. You spoil both of them just like you did me. And although I complain and tell you that you shouldn't...secretly...I wouldn't want it any other way. I love you!

You never truly understand love until you are a mom. My children are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thanks to all the moms out there! God Bless you!

1 comment:

Corneice said...

And Happy Mother's Day to you! Thanks for sharing your life with me. Life would be so empty without family. And thanks for the nice thoughts at church. Even the remark about the guilt trips! Love you.