Sunday, January 18, 2009

Have You Ever...?

This will be the first of many postings in regards to Gatlinburg. A little background..every year (well for 3 years) we have attended Resurrection in Gatlinburg with our church youth group. Although we always return feeling extremely tired, we also return with a fire for Christ. Everyone needs a little revival at some point.

I'm not ready to share any pictures yet. But for some reason this morning I felt led to share with whoever reads this an amazing feeling. I titled this Have you ever..because I wanted people to think about things they have never done and want to put on their "bucket list." At the very top should be...lead someone to Christ.

I watched 5 of our youth accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour this weekend. With this commitment comes great responsibility (yes, Spiderman..sort of..with great power, comes great responsibility). Now it is our role as Christians to help guide them on this journey. There was one member who surrendered this weekend who I have been particularly praying and working with. He means a great deal to me and it was absolutely amazing to watch him walk up during the altar call and accept Jesus. I thought having my children or getting married would definitely be at the top of my happiest time list. And they are there..absolutely...but this beat both of those. (I'm sure when my children accept Jesus..that will be at the top.) There just is not another feeling like it.

So, I challenge you all to have this same experience. It allows you to experience Christ in a different way when you know that someone you love has made the commitment that will guarantee their eternal salvation.

Love you all..will share pictures when we return from the trip. Please join us at church on the 25th to really understand and share in our Gatlinburg Resurrection 2009 experience.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Resurrection will definitely rejuvenate your spirit and loyalty to God Almighty. What is important and even more infinitely difficult is to be sure that in the words of the speaker it becomes a "commitment and not just an experience."

Thank you for letting Jessica and I come and enjoy a third trip. You and Chris are doing a great job with the youth and did a great job with the retreat. Love you.

Corneice said...

There will always be something that moves to the top, but what you will discover is, in the end they are all equally important. Every time I think I can't be more proud of my family, something else comes along to boost it up. This is no different. Thanks for sharing your lives. I, too, had a great time this weekend spending time with my grandchildren and watching my children (that includes spouses) do something so wonderful.

Michael said...

I'm waiting on something new. How about something funny from the 30 Hour Famine lock in.