Sunday, March 1, 2009

What's Been Going On?

So, I haven't been on here in forever. Life has been busy..church, work, kids, and oh yeah..I would really like to workout sometime. And don't forget class.

My last post was in relationship to Gatlinburg with our youth group. Recently we did a 30 hour famine with them. This was a very long time to be locked up with about 15 teenagers..after 30 hours we were hungry and ready to go home. It was a great learning for the kids and us..I can't imagine kids not eating for about 5 times that amount of time. We raised enough money to feed 50 kids for a month. That was a great success!

Work has been stressful. My company just cut 400 jobs and announced no raises this year. I am grateful to have a job though. I thank God that Chris and I have not yet had to face the fear of not being able to pay a bill or wondering how we will put food on the table. We have trimmed and budgeted more than usual, but we are so blessed to still have our jobs. I pray for those that have lost their jobs and that are struggling.

Chris is running alot more now and he has recruited Nay-Nay. They are pressuring me to run with them. I am not a runner. I think Pam Whitfield ruined my running days. We used to run forever around the horseshoe of CHS when I was a freshman. I hated it. Yes, hate is a strong word. I have not been able to workout as much as I have wanted. Hopefully, after my class is over this term I can get back into it.

Kaelyn is about to start softball again. This is her second year..we are excited for her and looking forward to watching her grow. Caleb has found a new sport as well. We took him to Coach Jordan's wrestling program at CHS. He loved it..yes he is the smallest..and yes, the moms are like, "You are letting him wrestle, already." What they don't understand is that his daddy's and his uncle's name is up on that wall..the Wall of Champions. And someday, mommy wants to see his up there too. It was great to watch Chris out there on that mat helping him..he usually doesn't have a whole lot of patience...but that night, he had all the patience in the world.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Running is addictive and it makes you feel so good. I can't wait to go in the morning.

Corneice said...

So exciting to see the kids start in sports. You know I believe in the lessons learned from participating in team sports. Things learned are sometimes good and occasionally bad, but always valuable!