Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are you Fireproof?

I wanted to share a great movie with all of you. I'm sure you have all heard of Fireproof..the movie stars Kirk Cameron, who used to be known as a teenage heartthrob. These days he is known for Christian based films. The movie is based off of a book called "The Love Dare." Chris and I watched this movie together; and whether you feel like your marriage is on a cliff, or it couldn't get any better..this movie is definitely one to watch with your spouse. It teaches you things that you may have forgotten and just need a little reminder. Or, it shows you how you should be and reminds you that love, above all, is the most important thing in any relationship...and like anything, you have to work at it.

I have started The Love Dare. I bought the book while we were in Florida over the weekend. There is a new dare for each day and it takes 40 days. The first few have been the hardest. Not that I am not by nature a patient and kind person, but by nature I am a sarcastic person. So, I have to be careful that this is not perceived by Chris as rude or unthoughtful. I challenge all of you to try this. It will absolutely bring you closer to your spouse and God. Watch the movie..and consider, are you fireproof?

No comments: