Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Reunion 2008

What an eventful weekend...Labor Day weekend is known for the traditional Hollis Family Reunion. On Saturday, everyone gathered at Hollis Park (behind Memama's house) for a cookout. The kids had a blast!! There was four wheeler riding and a paddle boat for the pond! (A couple of snakes were seen slithering around as well.) Sorry, I don't have pictures of this..I wasn't feeling very well that night so I came home early. On Sunday everyone came to Cheatham Dam under the pavilion. This used to be the traditional site of the reunion. (Just a little side note...when Chris and I first started dating--Labor Day 1995--my mom decided to take me and my sister down to Cheatham Dam for a little family time...Chris was there for his family reunion..of course I was having that teenage love...butterflies and excitement because I got to see him outside of school..I don't think I actually came over and met the family at this point though) Here are some pictures of the kids playing..you'll have to check out Corneice's blog for the family photo!


This is Cody...Chris' cousin..and although 18..still a kid!!


Baby Reed and Cichael...we miss you!!


Silly Lane Barger...looks just like his daddy..he'll
grow out of it!! (Love ya Brent!!)


Chris loves to act younger than he really is..almost 31!!

Dirty Dirty kids...Caleb, Lane Barger, and KK

1 comment:

Corneice said...

And it was very hot!! But G'Daddy loves showing off his family! Especially those great grandkids!