Monday, October 20, 2008

American Girls in Chicago


We just returned for what was probably the most eventful weekend of Kaelyn's life...so far! We took a trip to Chicago over the weekend with Gramma, Nana, Cindy, and Kassandra. And it was amazing! I caught myself just watching everyone a few times..wondering if they would have the same great memories I have from this trip. I hope Kaelyn looks back at this weekend and understands that it wasn't just about going to Chicago; it was about girls spending time together..talking girl talk, eating because it's good, and enjoying great times with family! (yes..Cindy and Kassandra are definitely part of the family)


Kaelyn and Kassandra are absolutely the two cutest kids ever..they get along so great (and fight so great). They are just like sisters and I know they will be best friends forever. Thank you to my mom, Corneice, and Cindy for going with us. I had such a great time with all of you and am so glad we did this. It's great spending time with all of you..talking about the past and great times we have had and enjoying the moments we are in now. I learn something from each of you all of the time. Although I'm a mom now, I still learn "mom things" from you guys . I hope I leave things with you as well.


We did so many things in Chicago...I don't know where to start. In true form, there are lots of pictures in the slideshow! We checked out American Girl Place and had a brunch there on the second day. This was a great experience for all of us. We walked. We saw Milennium Park; the girls wanted swing sets, but there were none. We walked. We saw the Chicago theater..no one had seen this in movies, except me! We walked. We went to Navy Pier and rode the Ferris Wheel on Friday night. We also watched the fireworks. We walked. We saw lots of Dirty Dancing advertisements for the broadway production (don't worry..the next trip is in the works). And we walked..and all those times we walked...we ate!


I can't wait to do another trip like this again somewhere else with everyone..these are some of the greatest memories I will treasure and hope all of you do too! Love you all!

1 comment:

Corneice said...

This was truly a great weekend! As the old commercials say, priceless!